Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: auction buyers

General
    Thanks

All 4 lots of LPW4 motors that sold over the last couple weeks were all used / cores. ( that's not to say they won't run ) They were not new or rebuilds. I was bidding on them as well, but like Smokem joe said, It would be nice to have a few, but I don't need 11 or 13 of them. I would however be interested in buying a couple if you guys ever get in touch with any of the winning bidders. Lot of 11 a couple weeks ago went for $2100 and like $2500 for 13 of them. Well worth the money if you have a use for them!

Sergeant Major
    Thanks

I still haven't heard from them. I can't imagine that whoever bought them would need that many. Or, what are they using them for? There seem to be quite a few lot's have come up as of late. I am going to reach out to GP again.

4 Star General Light in the Dark's Avatar
    Thanks

Even though its an online process to bid and buy... not all mil surplus buyers want anything to do with the 'net past whats necessary. So its possible that the reach out notes simply havent been seen. Glass half full and all.
    Non Semper Erit Aestas

Thanks
    Thanked 4,158 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CapePrep View Post
    I still haven't heard from them. I can't imagine that whoever bought them would need that many. Or, what are they using them for? There seem to be quite a few lot's have come up as of late. I am going to reach out to GP again.
    Way before EBay, back in the 80's, a friend of mine bought over 40 gen set at a DRMO sale in Toole, Utah. He stripped the alternators out of them and mated pumps to the engines. Sold them all in Mexico. Then started again. Lots of reasons to buy large lots.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Guyfang For This Useful Post:

Light in the Dark (02-01-2019)

4 Star General Light in the Dark's Avatar
    Thanks

Thats interesting, but not unsurprising. After all, Lister-Petter used to be one of the biggest players in small scale stationary power. Their older single cylinder 6/1 (and now Indian clone) are STILL in use across the developing world. Powering anything and everything you can think of from water pumps, to anything which can be belt driven.

Edit: 80s... ok, so probably not L-P, but still valid comments about stationary power repurpose.
    Last edited by Light in the Dark; 02-01-2019 at 07:08.
    Non Semper Erit Aestas

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Light in the Dark For This Useful Post:

Guyfang (02-01-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,340 Times in 2,553 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ray70 View Post
    All 4 lots of LPW4 motors that sold over the last couple weeks were all used / cores. ( that's not to say they won't run ) They were not new or rebuilds. I was bidding on them as well, but like Smokem joe said, It would be nice to have a few, but I don't need 11 or 13 of them. I would however be interested in buying a couple if you guys ever get in touch with any of the winning bidders. Lot of 11 a couple weeks ago went for $2100 and like $2500 for 13 of them. Well worth the money if you have a use for them!
    But by the time they figure in the shipping costs they paid and a little profit ,most people won't want to pay their price plus more shipping costs.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to porkysplace For This Useful Post:

CapePrep (02-01-2019), Guyfang (02-01-2019)

Colonel
    Thanks

Some of the ones I saw had the paint intact on the exhaust manifolds. That would make them pretty fresh based on appearance anyway.

Colonel
    Thanks

Well based off of info learned from a contact at Adelmans that is where all the recent lots of engines ended up. Capeprep that is why you haven't gotten any response from trying to contact them. They have no interest in a private sale.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,340 Times in 2,553 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smokem joe View Post
    Well based off of info learned from a contact at Adelmans that is where all the recent lots of engines ended up. Capeprep that is why you haven't gotten any response from trying to contact them. They have no interest in a private sale.
    They plan on private sales at retail price.

Colonel
    Thanks

Exactly! I guess we will see what market retail price is. I was told some of them looked like brand new

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast