• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bid (and lost) on M1083 in NYS Govplanet auction, but I got the bug

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bid and lost today on GovPlanet on a M1083 with non-run engine. Auctions just went higher than I was willing to pay.

I need a vehicle with added gross weight capacity. Might even attach a flatbed trailer mechanism.

Need to pull and move my multiple vehicles from place to place and also want to be able to go camping off the grid.

Might even consider uprgade to diffs to allow higher speed, but first need the truck. lol

Gonna start lurking here, and wanted to say hello.

Best,

T

319cssb

How about buying one from a private party?
Do you know how wxpensive it is to have a FMTV transported to your location? And hoe much it will coat to make it driveable?
You will soon learn that this is not a hobby you will fo on a budget. Or you'll have to know these in and out and can work on them.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
My years of experience with NY truck is lots of rust. Rust all over, corrosion in the brake cans. Buy a truck down south and have it hauled up here.

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
319cssb and Suprman, you're both exactly correct!

Have a friend "down South" who has a line on one that is in working condition. I think that is the best and least rusty option.

THANKS!

pontiac62

If your not in a hurry to pick one up. Watch all the usual auction websites bid only what you fell comfortable paying. Sooner or later you’ll get lucky.

I’ve been surprised at some of the trucks that get passed over till the next round.

I do a search of the online classifieds you can find some that might fit your budget or liking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man of few words

M1081 LVAD

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a beautiful rust free 1083 here in NC. I just took it in from someone who was fed up with a bad transmission (still not convinced that its bad). I have two known good trans here that worst case I will swap out. The truck will then be for sale. Guessing a couple months. Did I mention its a rust free NC truck?

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks guys.

My post was not a call for sales BUT yeah, I'm cool if you PM me with the details.

That being said, this was not a call for prospective sales. I don't wanna fall afoul of the Mods.

I actually didn't anticipate anyone would offer anything.

I just wanted to say hi, and I will be looking around this BB for a while.

Thanks one and all.

T

319cssb

I just sold my 1083 and I wouldn't PM anyone anyway. If someone wants to buy what i have they know how to contact me.

TacMac2012

I just sold my 1083 and I wouldn't PM anyone anyway. If someone wants to buy what i have they know how to contact me.
So he specifically asks for info AFTER you brought it up yesterday that it was for sale, but you can't PM him info? Sure, he can PM you but why can't you PM him after he asked for more info?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks