• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Just joined the Deuce club!

DB556

I have joined the Deuce club just won a M35a2c! :D

More than I wanted to spend at $4100 but its much closer to me in Pittsburgh than any other deuce I've found.
Now the hard part to get it back to my storage lot till I can get time to get it back in 24087 OD instead of this silly fire engine red!

Now its kind of sight unseen but I talked with the mechanic on site and he said it was good, other than a fuel issue from the description I'm guessing lift pump :?:

If it isn't a simple fix is there anybody around the Pittsburgh area haul deuces?

Now to just sell my VW rabbit pickup to make more room, or I could store it in the bed... :p

Its great photo.....

Attachments

Last edited:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on the truck!! They are a "tough" creature..................hope your fix is simple and inexpensive..................ENJOY and welcome aboard!!

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on your new truck. Looks to be well maintained. Many deuces got a second life w/ fire departments. The red paint jobs add a little character to them. I've seen many fire dept. paint schemes that I would keep. Great for parade duty.
Have fun, be safe.

Fatalid

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome! Looks like they probably took good care of her.
Someone should chime in soon about hauling in your area...

DB556

Congrats on your new truck. Looks to be well maintained. Many deuces got a second life w/ fire departments. The red paint jobs add a little character to them. I've seen many fire dept. paint schemes that I would keep. Great for parade duty.
Have fun, be safe.
I dont know about the red paint job, I've had fire trucks before, looking for something in OD :)
From talking with the mechanic it was well taken care of he thought they were going to fix the fuel pump and send her to a new fire department.

DB556

Nice looking truck, That would be nice to attend events and especially parades in.
I doubt parades, but a ton of work I have 55 acres that I need to haul my skid steer back and forth from my house to maintain, cut in a berm for a backstop for my pistol range, and to haul 175ish tons of gravel to rebuild the road.
A bunch of guys on SxS and ATV's tore the road to shreads this fall so got to rebuild the road and haul out hundreds of tires my grandfather left there. Every time I think I'm done with a job it just piles on more!
Good thing I got a reliable, fast, easy to work on, and fuel efficient M35a2.....:p

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like it too and you got a good deal. It's got some goodies in very good condition like the fold down bed sides and the hard top. Do a bit of research on what to put over that gloss paint in 383 green flat and it will look just right. Try a spot with the Behr house paint sample size to the FS colors for under $10....it might work fine for brushing and rolling on by farm helper 2. Nice truck.

How about using the tires in your construction, filling them with dirt and stacking them as retaining walls? Make cool shapes that would be great for a range.

Hauling 175 tons without a hoist may be an issue.

Last edited:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I and to haul 175ish tons of gravel to rebuild the road.
Filled level to the top of the sides I get about 6 tons into the bed. With a hump in the middle, a bit more.
So, you are looking at 30-plus loads. Pushing the gravel off manually with a rake is doable, especially on a "C" with dropsides. However....doing it for30 loads...no, thanks!

Get an electric hoist installed! Otherwise it gets old, quickly.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

DB556

Filled level to the top of the sides I get about 6 tons into the bed. With a hump in the middle, a bit more.
So, you are looking at 30-plus loads. Pushing the gravel off manually with a rake is doable, especially on a "C" with dropsides. However....doing it for30 loads...no, thanks!

Get an electric hoist installed! Otherwise it gets old, quickly.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
Well I was going to unload with my new holland l-425, First I was going to do some 2 wheel self unloading hijinks and then make a cut out in this one hill/slope then dig in some logs for a field expediant loading dock.
Drive on, grab a half ton of gravel, go and dump where I need it, repeat.

Though I have a big 4~ bore hydraulic clyinder laying aorund I was going to make my one trailer into a dump and never did so I could make a hoist for the bed and it would give me a reason for a hydraulic pump for a power steering while I'm at it.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Though I have a big 4~ bore hydraulic clyinder laying aorund I was going to make my one trailer into a dump and never did so I could make a hoist for the bed and it would give me a reason for a hydraulic pump for a power steering while I'm at it.
Yes, THAT is how things happen around here! Very nice score, by the way, says a fellow w/w and dropside owner!

MudMarine

How about using the tires in your construction, filling them with dirt and stacking them as retaining walls? Make cool shapes that would be great for a range.
Completely agree with this statement!

Congrats on the truck! Look around on the forums, there's a few guys who've turned their trucks into dump beds

DB556

Completely agree with this statement!
Congrats on the truck! Look around on the forums, there's a few guys who've turned their trucks into dump beds
I hadn't thought about using the tires for retaining walls! Thats a great idea I'll need to make a thumb for my skid steer bucket to move around the 11.00-20" and other tractor tires that he stashed places but that should be hard.

fasttruck

The transfer pump uses a "slow blow" fuse. Check applicable parts book TM 9-2320-209-20 for a part number. This is not Army unique so Auto Zone should have them. Don't make a move without the pubs: operator's manual, organization repair manual and parts book, and a lubrication order. A M35WOW has at least 31 grease points, four on the handbrake alone. The Army says a yard of gravel weighs 2970 pounds ( TM 9-2320-260-10 table 2-3) so you can load out a deuce for off road/unimproved roads with 2 yards. Overload it at your own peril, especially if you have to descend steep hills loaded. The brakes on these things are kinda cheezy at best so it is easy to overload them. The WW2 CKW dump truck had a bulkhead several feet behind the front of the body to keep the load to the rear as to not overload the hoist. These after market electric hoists will dump leaves but it will be easy to overload one with gravel. Better find a friend with a M817.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks