• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need to move a M35a2 from Somerset to Pittsburgh 100miles

DB556

Well I just won a M35a2 and will need to move it in Southwest Pennsylvania from Windber down near Somerset (zip 15936) to Ambridge north of Pittsburgh (Zip 15003)
If anybody is available please PM me a quote.
Thanks

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it drivable? Not up on PA zip codes; what is the distance? They tow real easy with another big truck.

DB556

They say it must be hauled and they say it has a fuel issue, but from talking with the mechanic I think its the lift pump fuse. The distance is 100.1 miles.

dmetalmiki

If you have not driven one much before, Transport. And in any case if you do drive it, Enjoy the 'Adventure' And post up pictures when safely home.
Drive 'Nicely'...take in the fun and experience of the journey.
2250 RPM would be a steady (and) Reliable cruise.
Take tools, food? drinks, But stop to indulge in any case.
BE SAFE, >Take care---arrive alive<
edit.
Nearly forgot, A very welcome to the site, hobby, friendships and events to come.

Last edited:

DB556

I've driven one before, my friend had one that we used to move equipment. His was a C turbo I'm hoping this is a D turbo, it drove me nuts when I was driving it.
The mechanic said it might be a easy fix probably lift pump, if it isn't it would be good to get a quote to haul it.

Last edited:

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The pump in the tank is an easy fix. There is no true "fuse" for the pump. A wrecker service may be the way to go. I had one transported 50 miles on a RGN, $250. Truck ran, just not brakes. Maybe find a member here with a tow bar. Nice afternoon project.

fasttruck

They must be charging you $5.00/mile BOTH ways. The loaded move should pay $4-500.00 for 100 miles. Need to tell the carrier if this has to be loaded from the ground or are there loading docks at both ends of the trip. Does the truck run well enough to drive on the trailer, because if they have to winch it on they are going to charge you for that.

fasttruck

Consider finding an excavator or someone with a dump truck with a tag along trailer long enough for your truck to se if you can get a better rate.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks