• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Is m1010 worth my time?

Merddin

I recently saw a m1010 listed for sale. I knew it was a cucv immediately. According to the listing it ran a month ago. A small town is selling it. Unfortunately, no title. It is 1.5 hrs from me so besides the few pictures I don't know much about it. It is painted white and has city police decals all over it, but the body looks to be in good condition. Mileage unknown.

They are taking sealed bids on it. I am thinking $500 bid because I don't need it and it has no title. I could get parts off of it to sell, or it could make a really cool camper, or just clean it up and resell it. I would like to take a little trip and see it to make a better decision. I worry about hacked wiring systems and how much has been gutted from the back. I am going to call and find out more about it soon.

Any thoughts? Problems? Charging issues ? Buy it or forget about it?

Thanks again folks!

Last edited:

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1010 good bad and ugly

Good for plowing, fishing, bear country and bouncing around in the back at a busy Walmart parking lot. It's a heavy, slow truck that can't swim but it can climb mountains.

m1010.JPG

You can back right into the lake, swing open the doors and fish in the rain. Might be worth saving. There is one more solution than problems with the trucks since some of them are still running. There isn't a problem a good mechanic hasn't been able to solve yet. Get it, get it, get it.

1010rr.JPG

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are cool trucks. Remember, if the PD had it, axles are likely stock and worth $1500. I'd jump on it. I also agree with Frank, go up a little over even dollar. I usually go $37.77 over to eclipse that $25.00 over guy

319cssb

I recently saw a m1010 listed as a box truck for sale. I knew it was a cucv immediately. According to the listing it ran a month ago. A small town is selling it. Unfortunately, no title. It is 1.5 hrs from me so besides the few pictures I don't know much about it. It is painted white and has city police decals all over it, but the body looks to be in good condition. Mileage unknown.

They are taking sealed bids on it. I am thinking $500 bid because I don't need it and it has no title. I could get parts off of it to sell, or it could make a really cool camper, or just clean it up and resell it. I would like to take a little trip and see it to make a better decision. I worry about hacked wiring systems and how much has been gutted from the back. I am going to call and find out more about it soon.

Any thoughts? Problems? Charging issues ? Buy it or forget about it?

Thanks again folks!
This all sounds very rhetorical. Of all of the questions you ask in this post, you are answering yourself right there.
good luck, I doubt that you'll get it for $500, though. It might be interesting to see how much it will sell. Is it an online auction?
You are in MO, right? It might even be worth my time.

Last edited:

m38inmaine

Chances are it runs fine but the electrical system is hacked and the glow system not working. Simple to fix issues and good luck.

Merddin

I just wanted to see what others who have experience with this truck thought. I have a 1008 that i have almost finished restoring, so I am somewhat familiar with the beasts. I will bid a random amount not even dollar. I have dealt with biddings before. I did keep the post somewhat vague to keep people from trying to buy my find. I am calling about it today.

Merddin

I decided on a low bid because I have a young son and other financial goals besides another military money pit. I don't need it but would like to have it. Based on it's location and the way it is posted I doubt most people would know what it is. If I can get it cheap great!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I usually go $37.77 over to eclipse that $25.00 over guy
$37.78, my new over next bid! :recovry4x4:

Last edited:

319cssb

I always round up my bid to the next 1000.

You only win a bid once, right? So ya wanna make it memorable.

cucvrus

I won several police car bids with my birthday back in the 90's. I have since tapped out on bidding on vehicles. The internet has driven prices sky high. $1109.59 bought several 2-3 year old CVPI's all the way up to 2007. After that things went viral. Have a Great Day.

Merddin

I have decided to let this one go. I called Thursday about it. The title is not able to be found. Apparently, the transmission has gone out as well. The m1010 is essentially a parts truck. I don't need it and I don't want a truck I could never license. It would be good to part out on auction websites, but I have other things to do with my time.

Last edited:

90Jimmy

I have decided to let this one go. I called Thursday about it. The title is not able to be found. Apparently, the transmission has gone out as well. The m1010 is essentially a parts truck. I don't need it and I don't want a truck I could never license. It would be good to part out on auction websites, but I have other things to do with my time.
Yep...that looks like a project for sure

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks