• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What to look for when buying a HMMWV?

BigTruckBigNutz

Could anyone provide a link or a short list of specifics to check/look for when buying an already legal HMMWV from a seller? 6.2L M998 4 seater is likely the one i'll be looking at if that helps. Other than typical stuff, what are some things i need to check or red flags to look for?

Thanks!

P.S. I'm not looking to start a "which is better" argument. I searched for a buyers guide but couldn't find anything.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could anyone provide a link or a short list of specifics to check/look for when buying an already legal HMMWV from a seller? 6.2L M998 4 seater is likely the one i'll be looking at if that helps. Other than typical stuff, what are some things i need to check or red flags to look for?

Thanks!

P.S. I'm not looking to start a "which is better" argument. I searched for a buyers guide but couldn't find anything.
Welcome to SS. Just a heads up your state is required in your location , no sense in meeting the moderators early.
This is probably the best check list there is .
LEO/FD HMMWV Check List & Part Numbers

dmetalmiki

Welcome to the site, hobby, friendships and events to come.
The more you 'Play' and use the truck the more you will learn as you go onwards.
With the appropriate reading of course.

papakb

BigNutz, Welcome to Steel Soldiers! One of the first things to learn is that the advanced search block in the upper right corner of the page is your friend and it'll take you wherever you want to go. Most of what your going to run into (figuratively, not literally) has already been asked and answered here on the HMMWV forum. The question you just asked was recently discussed just 1 page back here: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?184112-What-to-check-when-buying-a-humvee Take a look and if you still have questions ask away. Again, welcome to the community.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks