• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stripping the box off of an M1010

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If anyone has done this, how hard was it to repair the back of the cab? I know cucvrus has done a few. Mine isn't selling so thinking of stripping off the body.

m38inmaine

I have done one, I cut the back out of a donor cab, at the time I had no welding equipment and used rivets. The frame has extensions welded on just cut at the weld the holes for the original bumper are there I used a CUCV pickup rear bumper it bolted right on. A couple of years after I did it I regretted it and ended up buying another 1010 and just recently sold it and replaced it with a M886. The only details I don't recall was the fuel fill, I know it lined up with the pickup bed but I don't recall if I had to replace the filler hose.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks