• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SEE Cab Tilting

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, those look complicated! I had a factory set for the cargo truck 416 that were simple pieces of flat steel that raised the hinge point about three inches. Sorry but I don't have them, they sold on Ebay a few years back, otherwise I'd share them with you.

Rick

Speedwoble

To be honest, you may have been better off going with a 406 set. It just requires removing 2 additional bolts and a bracket, then the 406 mounts mount on existing holes in the frame.*
* I have verified that the holes exist, but haven’t bolted them up yet. I am going to be making the 406 tilt brackets soon and will check them on my mog when I have a batch.

Speedwoble

I talked to some customers that have bought cab tilt brackets without needing them. They have not used them. People buying them after they needed them have had to use them. It appears that the cab tilt brackets are repellent to tilting the cab!!! Get them so you never need them!

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I talked to some customers that have bought cab tilt brackets without needing them. They have not used them. People buying them after they needed them have had to use them. It appears that the cab tilt brackets are repellent to tilting the cab!!! Get them so you never need them!
It does seem to work that way, thankfully.

alpine44

It does seem to work that way, thankfully.
The brackets I bought from Speedwoble sat in my shop for almost a year but I finally broke down and tilted the cab to replace a chafed brake fluid line and some of the pneumatic plastic lines. If the weather stays mild, I will also properly install the HMMH front axle lockout system I got a while ago.

Since I was too lazy to build a fancy derrick like you used, I figured out how to use the backhoe boom to tilt the cab.

CabTilt_driver.jpg CabTilt_pass.jpg CabTilt_front.jpg Tilt_rear.jpg

The field expedient safety devices (made from 2x4s) have the advantage of not being in the way when working on the engine/transmission like the MB contraptions shown in the manual.

I had a square tubing with a pintle hitch ring laying around that was perfect for supporting the boom but any other piece of steel or wood would have done the job just as well. Without this support the boom will creep down slowly over the course of several days.

And here is my fancy hand throttle (another piece of 2x4) for running the engine with the cab tilted.
Idlestop.jpg

Last edited:

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Scott, if you're reading this, please don't get me wrong... I (and a whole lot more folks) really appreciate what you're doing out there. But dang it man, being unresponsive isn't helping... I have to echo SpoiledSpud's sentiment here...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks