• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

York 210 on board air mount, pics

Gunfreak25

Well....1 pic anyway. Gonna mount this York 210 to the CUCV. I plan to put AC in this truck eventually. Which will tie up passenger side. So drivers side looks like the best place to do a York mount. This will be for running an impact wrench or airing up tires offroad. Nothing crazy.

I have some spare alternator pulleys given to me for free by a local shop. So the york will drive off the driver side alternator, which was rebuilt 3 years ago with new front and rear bearings.

If I can I would like to document the steps and measurements so others can follow suit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Gunfreak25

I have a 3 gallon that fits on the passenger side fender inside. Gonna keep it simple. No driers or filters. Plugged the oiler hole in the York to reduce the oil discharge and will be also running a crankcase vent on it.

Mods If this belongs in the modding section......please do. Thanks

74M35A2

I added one of the York / Tecumseh compressors to my flatbed tow truck to have air on board. It worked amazing, tons of air output. Clutch driven by pressure switch and relay, self contained oil supply. I put an oil separator on the air outlet line of the compressor, routed back to the compressor sump, but I think you can skip that step if you are using a new or rebuild compressor. I used a new compressor, and have virtually zero oil in the separator, if it helps you at all. Drove it same as your intentions, alternator pulley with additional groove. You'll love it.

Gunfreak25

It's in excellent condition, very lightly used. With how infrequent I'll be using it I dont expect oil usage to be an issue. I'm putting a drain cock at the little air tank to drain any potential contaminates out. I've also coated the inside of the tank with red primer to rust proof it for life.

nyoffroad

Sounds like a cool and usefull addition, I was going to recommend an air drier but then noticed where your at. An air drier would be almost mandatory here in NY.
Please keep us updated as you go.

Gunfreak25

So only have a couple hours into it so far. It's all 1 solid plate of 1/4 x 5 flat bar with a few simple cuts and bends. I'll post up the measurements and angles when its finished, so others can make one.

I'll try and finish it Thursday.

Gunfreak25

Finally got it finished. I have a drawing with dimensions too. I'll post it later. I'm still waiting on some parts to come in, like the inlet filter and crankcase vent, air manifold to house the pressure switch etc. 18 feet of 3/8 hose runs under the interior carpet, hidden and connects to a 5 gallon tank behind the spare tire. The dark photo is a bracket for extra support that bolts to the exhaust manifold.

So I still have to finish wiring it up and install a dash gauge but for now the hard part is done.

Gunfreak25

I did have to use a half inch shorter belt due to the new alt pulley being smaller. The power steering booster hose had to be bent a little out of the way as did the brake lines but as you can see it was minimal.

Gunfreak25

It's been working GREAT! 28 seconds to fill the tires from 15 to 35 psi. I'm still waiting on the air filter and crank case vent but for now its operational.

I put a 12v switched fuse panel on the fender. It is fed via a relay controlled by the injection pump 12v solenoid wire. It has 10 fused connections and currently powers the 12v frame fuel pump, radio, cig lighter, compressor clutch, and ample room for future hookups. Furthermore I'm running the clutch through a dash switch.

Glockfan

OP - THANKS! This post has inspired me to do the same on my truck. I am thinking about mounting a surplus military tank where the second fuel tank would normally be on my vehicle. There is an affordable 7 gallon aluminum CARC green air tank for sale over on one of the auction sites. I will run a pressure switch to engage and disengage the clutch. I was looking at an ARB electric compressor but the York seems to be unmatched in air output.

My only question is, which pully did you end up using on the driver side alternator?

Glockfan

I guess the OP has not been on the site for a while. I would like to thank him for inspiring me to install my system. Eventually, I will start another thread explaining my install process. I did not cut corners and my install was not cheap. As I have a side project with a friend, it will take me some time before I can give anyone attention interested in installing a similar system on their CUCV. Here is a teaser though...

Gunfreak25

Cool! I will post up the diagram of my bracket if I remember today. All I can tell you guys is it's been the MOST useful addition to any vehicle I've ever made. I am a groundskeeper and use it occasionally at work, offroad, when my sons mother was having tire issues, running an impact to repair a friends blown tire on the freeway, and even to blow the interior clean here and there.

Having a source of compressed air and decent volume to back it up is something all vehicles should have. You cant compare it to a tiny electric one.

Gunfreak25

The air line to tank runs through the firewall, under interior carpet to the very back of the spare tire where the tank is mounted.

It's cool when I flip the compressor on I can hear the tank filling.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks