• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any way to block Tappatalk image postings?

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Site rules indicate no posting of temporary links/images that will expire...

Tappatalk seems like exactly such a link AND it seems an increasing number of members don't upload to SS but instead posts images through Tappatalk, images that will die eventually.

Can the site be made to block tappatalk links and warn members that uploads via tappatalk are discouraged?

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with an increasing frustration with this.
I find myself increasingly just closing threads with a bunch of taptalk links and moving on to the next one. I am not going to spend the time opening a bunch of links to see the content, no matter how interesting the topic may be.

I understand that it may be a technical issue concerning folks who use the website solely with their phones, or something equally confusion inspiring, but as Tobash points out, we are making our archives useless for the future.
Maybe there is a program that would let the website automatically convert the links to pictures? (This said by someone who has only just mastered the intricacies of using pencils :p )

Cheers

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree.

I skip over posts with links.(off the site)

I've asked 'til I'm blue in the face for people to attach pics, not link them.

All it has accomplished is, making people think I'm a jerk...

Dock Rocker

Many people only view the site from mobile devices. Tapatalk makes that experience much better. The site is horrible to try to navigate on a phone using a browser. It’s virtually useless.

If you are using Tapatalk then there is no way to post pictures other than through Tapatalk’s system. It’s not like people are choosing to buck the system. If that’s what you use then that’s the option you have to upload.

Is there any way to integrate the two from behind the digital scenes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8madjack

Many people only view the site from mobile devices. Tapatalk makes that experience much better. The site is horrible to try to navigate on a phone using a browser. It’s virtually useless.

If you are using Tapatalk then there is no way to post pictures other than through Tapatalk’s system. It’s not like people are choosing to buck the system. If that’s what you use then that’s the option you have to upload.

Is there any way to integrate the two from behind the digital scenes?

I would humbly disagree, I view the site most of the time on my note and I prefer the regular website. Maybe because it's a larger phone it's not too bad. I also post pictures directly to the site from my phone without any issues other than perhaps not re sizing them small enough at times. The point I'm making is it's easily doable and easy to upload pictures to the site directly even from a mobile device.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use tapatalk on my phone and I can attach picture no problems.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like this.IMG_1633.jpg

Dock Rocker

Attaching pictures isn’t a problem but I am using the Tapatalk client. Isn’t that the problem?

Those links don’t attach to the site only held on the Tapatalk server correct?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That I don't know.

I don't know what tapatalk client is.

When I attach a picture I click on the paperclip icon and it works.

Dock Rocker

That I don't know.

I don't know what tapatalk client is.

When I attach a picture I click on the paperclip icon and it works.
Hmmm. I have been using the picture icon.

Is there any difference between these two files from everyone else’s view. The first one is the picture icon way of attaching and the second is the paperclip.

56944799657__58152638-135A-4405-8595-20913817916F.jpg

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, that worked! The picture is attached.

The second one.

Dock Rocker

Learned something new tonight. Tell the Tapatalk’ers to use the paperclip and not the this image.

IMG_5146.jpg

RAYZER

So I use Tapatalk also, awhile back I tested the paperclip versus photo icon option with both resulting in posting the link and not photo, I was a bit discouraged because my android phone is my only link to the Internet.
I have since changed phone's and I'm hoping to be successful at posting a non link photo now using the "paperclip attachment",here goes, let me know.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks