• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any way to block Tappatalk image postings?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Site rules indicate no posting of temporary links/images that will expire...
Tappatalk seems like exactly such a link AND it seems an increasing number of members don't upload to SS but instead posts images through Tappatalk, images that will die eventually.
Can the site be made to block tappatalk links and warn members that uploads via tappatalk are discouraged?
Unfortunately there's zero control on how the tapatalk app works. As noted in the later replies, it's all a matter of how the user actually uses the app if it attaches the image to the forum, or uses tapatalk's hosting.

The site is already "broken" to cause remote hosted images to show up as a link instead of embedding as it normally would. The problem is (and not really a bad thing I'd say) is that tapatalk has coded their app to take links to images and display the images directly in their app/browser. So to a tapatalk user, they don't see a difference in how the image is presented.

The short and sweet of it basically, it is what it is. I will however see if anyone has developed any scripting to take tapatalk url images and upload them directly to the forum. It won't solve the root cause. But perhaps it's something that could be ran nightly to help "correct" it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For what it's worth, I use a Motorola phone and postings pics is easy peasy. No fan of Tapatalk at all.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use my phone all the time with the full site. Never Tapatalk. Posting pics as well

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, maybe an educational sticky to each forum about how to properly post to Steel Soldiers with Tapatalk, explaining which options to use re.: image uploads?

RAYZER

It worked as to seeing the pic using the full site? But now I can't see the pic on TT, just some icon?

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks