• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Laundry list for the m1009

Gramps

The injection pump is an easy inexpensive swap. I am ready for the fall out but I used Diesel Care and it cost less than $350. from door to engine. I changed many and have had few to no problems. There are a lot of CUCV's out there running that I used Diesel Care injection pumps on. Do as you wish. Not worth the guess work. A new/rebuilt injection pump can fix a lot of ill's on a poor running CUCV and any diesel as far as that goes. I put many on 6.9 and 7.3 Fords also. Good Luck. Have a Great holiday weekend.
What is the difference between EGR and non EGR pump. At somepoint in the past a non EGR intake was put on the truck. Is that going to cause problems? If not I'll just get the J vin.

Last edited:

cucvrus

Your truck was built with a NON EGR intake. The CUCV's were emissions exempt. So yes just get an injection pump for a J code. Actually just order the pump on line and they will send a self addressed mailer for you to attach to return your core. Not saying you will get the exact same pump back but I know they want the core up front. I wouldn't bother getting it turned up at less than 150 HP it will not make that much difference. But yes as you mentioned it is a simple task changing an injection pump. Good Luck. Get the intake gaskets for a J code the pump I don't even think that matters.

Gramps

Finished pulling the bottom end apart yesterday. Couple of the pistons look like they ate a rock but nothing to bad. cylinders were glassed, not even a whiff of crosshatching. Bearings are in excellent shape though. If I hadn't already bought bearings I'd put them right back in. crank turns smooth as glass without anything on it, definitely happy with how this is turning out. I keep forgetting pictures. I'll get some this weekend.

Gramps

So much for getting pictures that following weekend. Couple days after this I had a tire fall off the rack at work and land on my shoulder, laid me up for the summer, haven't even seen the truck in a couple months. Letting it sit has been hard on it, was able to chase the birds living inside out at least. :-o Transmission is going to need some work done, was slipping constantly to begin with while also having massive leaks, since it's out might as well crack it open. As a temporary measure while I save to rebuild the 6.2 a buddy who swapped a 5.3vortec into his truck is giving me his old 350. Nothing special but with only 68k on it not going to complain, it gets the truck moving again. I'll have to get a classifieds setup to sell some of the spare parts I got laying around, physical therapy killed my truck fund.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks