• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injection pump question

Rutjes

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys,

I never looked before and assumed the 6.5 I bought had a DB4 on it. I went looking for the part number hoping I could trade it in for a DB2 set up for a 6.5. Turns out it is a DB2, a DB2831-4911 to be exact. Now the problem is, is that it has a Woodward Dyna 70025 Rotary Actuator on top of it. It looks easy enough to remove. Will it be fine if I swap it with the cover and it's internals that are currently on my 6.2's IP (DB2829-4520)?

Keith_J

Make sure the shut-off solenoid on the plain cover positively shuts off the metering valve, otherwise you will have a run-away. Its easy to replace.

Sure wish I could get such a governor actuator. My 1031 has a separate governor controller for the generator, big and bulky. It gets in the way at times, like when servicing the thermostat.

Barrman

The 4911 is the pump every person with a turbo wants on their 6.5. Just letting you know it has value if you ever want to do something with it. It reads like you have things figured out as well.

Rutjes

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 4911 is the pump every person with a turbo wants on their 6.5. Just letting you know it has value if you ever want to do something with it. It reads like you have things figured out as well.
I did find out the 4911 is a rare and wanted pump. I was happily surprised when I found out I already had one!

Keith_J

If I can get another plain cover you can have the actuator if you want. I should still have the control box somewhere as well.
Would mean more work. I'm already planning a water-methanol injection system to allow for greater fueling rate without overheating the pistons. The stock controller is working fine, don't feel like making more work.

Edit to add:

That actuator will not work with a stock air filter setup. No room for the Chevy housing. Had to pull the remote actuator tonight due to a missing screw. After the third time, its not too bad. Just adds 15 minutes to any job requiring access to the front of the engine.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks