• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My "New" 1943 GPW Radio Jeep

70deuce

Here are some pictures of my newly acquired 1943 GPW radio Jeep. Painted in Normandy invasion markings. Well equipped with the original data plates and in between the seat mounted 55W/12V generator, canvas top under pax seat, two original Ford 6 volt batteries in the bed that power the radio stack, an original Ford script spare tire, radio suppression kit on the engine, practice Springfield 1903 rifle in the rifle rack, tire pump, jack and handle, new M6 compass that some of the invasion jeeps had mounted to the dash, and crank for hand starting.

Attachments

dmetalmiki

Now THAT is a rare setup.
My 1942 jeep of 'many years' Has the radio drive pulley and engage lever, and the suppression box, But the generator went awol years back when I was Much younger and (UN) 'wiser'.
I don't suppose you happen to know the whereabouts of another unit by chance?. (As I would rather like to put my jeep back to it's original configuration).

70deuce

No sure don’t know where a another unit may be. I was just lucky that all the rare things on this Jeep were still there. Generator does work.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking really good. That generator setup is a never seen accessory. A critique if you don't mind, the bottom box on the BC659 setup was used when the radio is dismounted, not typically seen in triple decker fashion.

70deuce

Looking really good. That generator setup is a never seen accessory. A critique if you don't mind, the bottom box on the BC659 setup was used when the radio is dismounted, not typically seen in triple decker fashion.
NDT, do not mind at all. Still trying to familiarize myself with all the different things on this Jeep. The stack is off for cleaning and painting. The bottom box is a battery box for dismounted use, correct? And it won’t be going back on the Jeep.

mdainsd

Now THAT is a rare setup.
My 1942 jeep of 'many years' Has the radio drive pulley and engage lever, and the suppression box, But the generator went awol years back when I was Much younger and (UN) 'wiser'.
I don't suppose you happen to know the whereabouts of another unit by chance?. (As I would rather like to put my jeep back to it's original configuration).
The generator is the same as used on 3/4 ton WCs like the command car.the bracket shows up from time to time on the big online auction site.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks