• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803a Rotor Swap

hcso2332

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recently purchased a parts machine 803a with a bad engine so I could swap out the rotor and stator on a low hour 803a that I have. Today I decided to start the swap and so far everything went pretty smooth. Took off all of the housing and had good access. Taking off the stator and rotor couldn't have gone better. I used my tractor to lift the engine/stator and used a metal pole to support the back half of the engine so I could remove the stator.

Tomorrow I will start removing the housing on my good 803a and get the new rotor/stator on it.

20190119_152342.jpg20190119_152345.jpg20190119_152351.jpg

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, Thats encouraging! I'll be tackling a stator swap and rotor cleaning as soon as weather permits. Got my set mounted at a good working height, have tractor with forks to lift it out.

Hope things work out well for you.

Curious as to what made the engine bad?

Last edited:

hcso2332

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not sure about the engine. Quite a few parts were removed to include; radiator, 3 injectors, fuel lines, rocker covers and the front main seal cover. It's all rusted up and I didn't even try to see if it was seized up or not.

Thanks, Thats encouraging! I'll be tackling a stator swap and rotor cleaning as soon as weather permits. Got my set mounted at a good working height, have tractor with forks to lift it out.

Hope things work out well for you.

Curious as to what made the engine bad?

hcso2332

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So far no problems getting the rotor and stator on the 803 today. I used some 2x4s to hold up the rotor while I could align it and get the bolts in, it worked really good for only have one set of hands. Got is all put together but it was -5 degrees outside so I decided to wait until tomorrow to test it out.

20190120_125031.jpg20190120_124700.jpg20190120_124655.jpg20190120_130309.jpg20190120_141020.jpg

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So far no problems getting the rotor and stator on the 803 today. I used some 2x4s to hold up the rotor while I could align it and get the bolts in, it worked really good for only have one set of hands. Got is all put together but it was -5 degrees outside so I decided to wait until tomorrow to test it out.

View attachment 754044View attachment 754045View attachment 754046View attachment 754047View attachment 754048
Looking great!

Did you coat the rotor with anything after cleaning? I'm going to spray a light coat of clear enamel on mine after cleaning.

hcso2332

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking great!

Did you coat the rotor with anything after cleaning? I'm going to spray a light coat of clear enamel on mine after cleaning.

I didn't. I just cleaned up and sprayed it with compressed air to get the dust/dirt out. I got it all put back together and fired it up, works like a champ now. This was a much easier job than I was expecting.

smokem joe

Thanks for the breakdown and pictures! It wasn't so much needing motivation as needing time. The snowstorm created down time for me so it worked out

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks