• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rear windows for the m1078

Cobbtowncowman

I use my m1078 for farm work. I am removing the flat bed and adding 5th wheel and gooseneck hitches for moving round bales off the fields, to the hay barns. The cabs on these trucks are already die-struck from the factory, indicating to me that maybe some version of this cab was designed to have rear windows. Does anyone know if any version or commercial equivalent (Steyr or MAN or some other) of this cab that had rear cab windows and if so where to get more info. I really would like to have a rear window.

Dock Rocker

I use my m1078 for farm work. I am removing the flat bed and adding 5th wheel and gooseneck hitches for moving round bales off the fields, to the hay barns. The cabs on these trucks are already die-struck from the factory, indicating to me that maybe some version of this cab was designed to have rear windows. Does anyone know if any version or commercial equivalent (Steyr or MAN or some other) of this cab that had rear cab windows and if so where to get more info. I really would like to have a rear window.
If you don’t want to go through that trouble a backup camera would be a great alternative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blairg

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anybody who does windows should be able to do a template and make those.
As they are flat they are not difficult. Sourcing rubber molding should be easy for them as well.

Ronmar

You would want to source the rubber seal material first so that you can cut the lip to the proper dimenion to match the frame groove in the rubber seal... You could also probably do it in plexiglass. Not as scratch resistant, but it also won’t shatter when one of the hands hucks a tie-down hook into it...

profo

Any place that works on large workboats can do it they make windows with the rubbers all the time down here in Louisana.

snowtrac nome

If you don't want it to shatter better use lexan , acrylic will shatter. If you buy the gasket from the glass shop cutting your safety glass, they will know how much to allow for the gasket. All you will need is a good template of the opening.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks