• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

starter issues

Lindsaym151

Hey all!
I have had to tap my starter for the last few days to make it work.
Time to replace or take it out and lube and possible new Bendix? could it be from the cold? 45 degrees avg morning temps.
All contacts have been cleaned up from battery's on down. just installed spider ground kit.
Any sugestions will be appreciated.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take it to a local repair shop.

papakb

Not so difficult to drop out but getting the beast back in is a bugger. Only 2 bolts and the retaining support bracket on the front end and it comes right out. Going back in you have to lift the starter and rotate it slightly so the solenoid clears the frame with one hand while starting the bolts with the other hand and as big as these trucks are there isn't much room up there.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For ease of installation, if you don’t already have the new style rear starter support bracket, but it and install while your starter is out, make install a breeze. The new bracket is a “J” hook unlike the old style that is just an open slot facing in the wrong direction. The new design allows for the starter to be held up with one hand quite easily.

Lindsaym151

Where can that be purchased?
Well today we dropped the starter and cleaned up all connections , including the solenoid internals.
Reinstalled starter. same issues. is there a solenoid available for it without buying the entire starter. I'm going out to load test battery's now . My thoughts are if one is weak it might not be strong enough to activate starter correctly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks