• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector nozzles, 1 vs 2-hole which do i want?

Mike944

..... Here is a pic of the Allen head adjust. The TM's also show a third type that has a lock nut that locks down the adjuster but it shows what looks like a flat head screw driver slot. Never seen one of those type so I can not confirm.
Hopefully some helpful information for someone (maybe y'all already knew this already) but the nozzles from the allen-head screw adjust type are not interchangable with the older shim-type.

I have a set of the older shim type that came out of my truck, but i have a single (no good) screw-type nozzle that's being used as a compression test adapter.

I've been scouring the 'net for a set of 2-hole nozzles at a reasonable price. I found a good, cheap source for italian-made nozzles. Ordered a set, come to find out that they don't fit in the shim-type injectors. They only fit the screw-adjust type, which i don't have.

Anyone with screw-adjust injectors, here's italian-made nozzles for <$5 each. https://real4wd.com/store/Nozzle-2-and-half-ton They don't fit the shim-type injectors though. Bummer.

rustystud

From what I read the hypercycle piston allows more refined fuel to be use and not cause diesel knock. Would seem like any oil at 22.1compression would just about light off even if it was not a multifuel. Seems like as said running jet fuel or gasoline that has a lower cracking point needs a more controlled burn and to get the correct air to fuel mixture.
If one hole tips produce more smoke then would seem to make sense to switch so your not wasting fuel and get better atomization.
One of our members was going to try a five hole on just diesel to see how that ran with even better atomization. Seems like it would as better atomization turned to vapor is what we are looking for.
What I should have said was a "better" burn of fuel by allowing it to slowly burn.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So any verdict on the five hole nozzles yet?
I said five hole but they were four hole and have not seen a post about it. Seems like it would be great atomization. Did anyone see the video of the guy the ran his Deuce injector pressure on the tester up to 5k? Talk about atomization it made a fog that hung in the air.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks