• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LED panel lighting redux

NormB

This works for me, you might try it.

Red lighting preserves night vision. Never could figure out a rationale for GREEN panel lighting.

I bought a small bottle of Vitrea 100 glass paint and some Eiko 6S6/30V bulbs (about $8 and $10, respectively), but didn't like the paint finish. Might've worked, but went ahead and bought some LED lamps of the 194 base variety.

These come apart very easily. I broke the glass capsule/bulb, scraped and tinned the filiment wire leads and reattached them to the circuit board for the LEDs (non-polarized).

I then used some tape and five-minute epoxy to "pot" the base/lens unit, coated the base with a little dielectric grease and VOILA!

One more to go.

IMG_5524.jpgIMG_5525.jpgIMG_5526.jpgIMG_5527.jpgIMG_5515.jpgIMG_5533.jpg

Digger556

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I may be mistaken, but I thought green was better for night vision.

Tagged for later. I'm curious about your solution.

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I may be mistaken, but I thought green was better for night vision.

Tagged for later. I'm curious about your solution.
Red is better at not disturbing your night vision. The human eye is much more sensitive to green than red.

Imagine having green tail lights on vehicles?

NormB

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks