• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Southwind 978 Heater value

CombatJack

hi all, I am curious to if these southwind 978 heaters are worth anything? I have a few and can't decide whether it is worth selling to get money for my restorations, or just hold em. I can't find much info on them. I included a photo just in case I am incorrect on what I have found. Thanks a lot.image001 (4).jpgimage003 (2).jpg

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
That one looks like a gas model. Honestly its hit or miss on them. It seems that if you wnat to buy them, they are pricey but if you want to sell them, there is not much interest. I'd look on egay to see if there is any listed, and sell it at a little lower price point if you want it to move.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That one looks like a gas model. Honestly its hit or miss on them. It seems that if you wnat to buy them, they are pricey but if you want to sell them, there is not much interest. I'd look on egay to see if there is any listed, and sell it at a little lower price point if you want it to move.
A couple NOS ones sold recently for +/- $200 on e-pay.

snowtrac nome

I asked because I had one that was a stand alone 12 v model and saw another one that was also a 12 v model that was in a box it looked like it was set up for a tent or shelter heater. I should have grabbed it but didn't. up here at 5 to 6 bucks a gallon fuel costs too much just to use it for heat. there is an outfit called planair that is selling a Russian made combustion heater about the same size as the 10530 they are pretty economical they will burn less than a quart over 8 hours

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks