• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiring battery tender on M1008

Maggie86M1008

I would like to hard wire a battery tinder to my M1008. I've read where I can use a 24 volt tinder or 2 12 volt tinders but can you use one 12 volt for both batteries? If so, how could I do this. I did try searching but really didn't find anything. Thank you.

MarcusOReallyus

I would like to hard wire a battery tinder to my M1008. I've read where I can use a 24 volt tinder or 2 12 volt tinders but can you use one 12 volt for both batteries? If so, how could I do this. I did try searching but really didn't find anything. Thank you.

Run the ground lead to vehicle ground, run the 24v lead to the 24v terminal (the + terminal) of the rear battery, or, better yet, the 24v bus bar.

Maggie86M1008

Run the ground lead to vehicle ground, run the 24v lead to the 24v terminal (the + terminal) of the rear battery, or, better yet, the 24v bus bar.

Will doing this also charge the front battery too or just the rear battery?

Last edited:

Keith_J

Will doing this also charge the front battery too or just the rear battery?
Both batteries will be charged with this method.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can't run one 12V tender for both batteries as long as you have them wired is series (as designed).

Maggie86M1008

So I run the + lead from my 24 volt battery tinder to the 24 volt bus bar and I run the ground wire from my 24 volt tinder to the ground bus bar - is that what you're telling me? And this will charge both batteries? Thank you

Maggie86M1008

Thanks very much guys - really appreciate it. I will go see if my parts store has a permanent 24 volt tinder and see if I can get this job done today.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks