• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 Hard Top Hatch not lining up with pins?

NewHmmwv

Hello,

Trying to convert M998 to hard top and having a hard time with the sponon pins lining up with the hatch latches. Anybody else have this problem? They are way too short. (we made our own pins to try and resolve the problem but the upper ones are not working) The sponsons are mounted flush on the fender so not sure where the problem lies.

Here is picture. Hmmwv hatch.PNG

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are saying when you close the hatch, the latches do not engage the pins. Correct?

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you post a pic of it closed. After you put the longer pins you made on the bottom it will not engage the top pins? The hatch door can be adjusted side to side. I have installed 3 tops maybe I can assist but I’m not sure I undesrstsnd the issue.

tomelroy

your fenders may be out of spec for that setup. You may have to compress them together a bit to get a good fit. Measure the width of the rear fenders from outside to outside (overall width) and post the results. Also take some pics so we can see the outside of the fenders. Some pics with the hatch down so we can see how much of a gap you have between the sponson and the hatch on each side.

NewHmmwv

Thanks to Action, figured out what the problem was. Have the latches installed on the wrong side...

Slantback conversion is a big learning experience...

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I own an M1025 slantback.

Let me know what you need to see and I will snap as many pics as you want or need.

PM me or use this thread. (PM is best)

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I suggest you get the parts manual. It is the best help to show how it all goes together .

dilvoy

Move the latches to the outside of the hatch and get the proper strikers. Then latch the rear of the hatch and then slowly bring down the front end and adjust the front strikers and all will be good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks