• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Humvee aftermarket Jack

twisted60

I think mine is a 3 ton bottle jack and I carry some 2x4's to place under the jack for soft ground and a little height adjustment, Last question is easy,,,high enough to get the tire off the ground.

warcow105

If you are fine with the standard screw scissor jack I saw a few up for auction at $100 and under including shipping. I would really like the hydraulic version, but those are a bit pricey.

Mike

ikoinu

Agreeing with Mike.

Search "NOS HUMMER H1 M998 original scissor jack KITS WITH Bag" on the bay. $85

These are the standard ones, I have the same kit and it works great for changing out wheels (paid more for mine) .

Had considered the hydraulic, just didn't see the need as it does the same thing for a lot more money, and takes more space to boot.
YMMV of course.

AOR

the OEM type jacks have a round piece made into where they contact inside of the recess in the lower control arms to keep it steady and safe while jacking and it fits under a rear seat
to get a tire off the ground in a real world flat tire situation you will most likely need to jack it up by a lower control arm because the suspension will droop down and lower if you jack it up by the frame

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi
I need a jack and don't want to pay for an original one if I can. Any suggestions? Also how high does it need to lift?

Thanks
Ken
I bought mine on the auction site for under 80 clams (including shipping). HMMWV scissor jack with associated tools in a carry case.

Last edited:

papakb

Ken, if you can live with an original scissors jack and handle I have a spare that you can have for $25 plus shipping from San Jose to your location. Send me a PM.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks