• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Quad Cab

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bill you progress is coming along very nicely, remember you didnt just pick the EASIEST thing to do in this project! I have seen some folks decide to do something like this and brag about getting it done in a week, then I see it and it looks like crap and I then think I would be to embarrassed to show this to anybody else. If I were going to do something like this I would plan on 3 months to get it completely done, I would say your ahead of schedule and take your time and do it RIGHT Bill!
Karl

Bill in pa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Made some good progress.
Back door of the new cab are sanded
Started the roof metal, maybe 18 gauge is a bit thick?
But its going on and looks good.
Using a old phone pole to bend the metal over.
I like it...roof.jpgroof1.jpgroof2.jpg

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW good job! Really enjoying watching this come together, you've done very admirable work on the sheet metal.

[thumbzup]

Bill in pa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
roof8.jpgroof9.jpgroof10.jpgdoor.jpg
Got the roof all finished.
Seam sealer applied.
All the bolts in place.
Welds are ground down and dura-glas sanded.
Also fixed the rust on the new cab door.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
She's looking top-notch! It's a pleasure to watch someone with your skills at work on a custom job.
Bulldogger

Bill in pa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heres todays progress.
Got the inside passenger side transition between the two cabs put in.
Need now to go back and sand and smooth.sidewall3.jpgsidewall.jpgsidewall2.jpg

Bill in pa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well its time for paint.
Welding is done.
Body work and sanding is done.
Going to take a few days to clean the garage.
Probable will not be till the end of next week before I start the paintready for paint.jpg

Bill in pa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I couple days ago I asked if any one had any ideas on lengthen the frame.
Keep it the same and shorten the bed.
The I took matters into my own hands.
SOOOOOO
Here we goframe1.jpgframe2.jpgframe3.jpgframe4.jpg

rustystud

Well I couple days ago I asked if any one had any ideas on lengthen the frame.
Keep it the same and shorten the bed.
The I took matters into my own hands.
SOOOOOO
Here we goView attachment 758940View attachment 758941View attachment 758942View attachment 758943
I'm sorry I didn't read this post earlier. I would have cut off the frame behind the cab and using some original frame from another deuce "spliced in this new section. You can weld this frame as it is "not" hardened. Then I would get some "C" channel made up to fit "inside" the original channel two feet longer on both ends (four feet total) . After welding in the new sections I would "bolt" in the smaller "C" channel . Not the same as "fish platting" but close. I owned a deuce that had a crane mounted on the back. It had this set-up and it worked for decades at the shipyard where I bought it from.

Bill in pa

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I got more done today.
The steps are on.
Spare tire carrier is mounted with a new cable.
Fuel tank is also mounted.
Now to figure out how to make the fuel lines longer..... Any Ideas?
Tomorrow I'll start drilling to mount the tandem'ssteps driverside.jpgsteps passengerside.jpg

tobyS

Are you staying with the duals? My favorite combo is 11.00 rears and 365/80R20 on A3 wheels on the front. You must have been thinking of lengthening a long time.

I'm considering doing an extended cab, about 30" (on my project). I'd do without opening doors but need windows. A couple of doors might work, just welding them in.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks