• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV and 2-post lift?

tlmarks

how do you lift a HMMWV on a 2-post automotive lift? install jack rails? the frame is really far inboard on these trucks. pics would be great. I have a Rotary 2 post asymmetrical #10,000 lift.

NormB

Send a PM to AOR (Jeff) about this. He's had my truck up on his lift as well as his and I don't recall exactly what he uses for lift points. I'm pretty sure it's the suspension arm lift/jacking points.

tlmarks

thanks for the responses, I just assumed the frame was to far in. when I get the truck home I will pull in into the shop and see if it works.

AOR

I put the lift arms on the frame as far forward and rearward spread as possible under the frame which hangs lower than the body. I have a 10k Rotary truck lift with 3 position arms they get really long and 2 verasymetrical Whipp lifts
both types lift it without issues. A word of caution be prepared the passenger side is heavier than the drivers side and it may make you nervous how the truck will lean to one side.
We put the jack rails on my HMMWV on the ground without a lift you may find a lift getting in the way. The install was really easy on the ones I have

teteacher101

how do you lift a HMMWV on a 2-post automotive lift? install jack rails? the frame is really far inboard on these trucks. pics would be great. I have a Rotary 2 post asymmetrical #10,000 lift.
I got the same one at work. I put all 4 of the longer lift pads up in a \ / shape an it raises it really nice. Now a Ford Ranger or a long box dually crew cab diesel is a different story!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks