• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project for a purpose and keep with the Mil spec theme

guns1977

I just purchased a duece frame with rear axles and a 14' cargo bed. Im leaning towards keeping the duece axles under it and taking the gears and shafts out. This will be a dual purpose trailer for my 1 ton and m35a2. The height is an issue, could I put bolster rim and tires on it? Im guessing I will need to flip the hubs. Or is there another way to lower it? I wish I could trade up on the 14' bed to a 20' M927 bed. Thanks

tobyS

Did this with my bed, but not using the entire rear clip. I wanted it lower and have a place to put a dump scissor lift.

Did you get a deuce 12' bed (mounted) or a 5 ton 14' bed that someone put on a deuce rear clip?

Pulling with one ton...keep it light. How will you make brakes work ?

Attachments

guns1977

Did this with my bed, but not using the entire rear clip. I wanted it lower and have a place to put a dump scissor lift.

Did you get a deuce 12' bed (mounted) or a 5 ton 14' bed that someone put on a deuce rear clip?

Pulling with one ton...keep it light. How will you make brakes work ?

12' was too short for my hay/hauling, I got a 14' its not mounted to the frame yet. If I can lower it with bolster rims I am going to put a elec over hyd and use the rear axle brakes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks