• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hole size in bottom of my mep-802a

LEOK

Mine is stuck in my truck bed until my new tractor with FEL shows up to lift it out. So I want to rodent proof with 1/4" wire mesh. For the hole in the bottom I want make a small frame like a window screen then use 3m double sided tape. That stuff really sticks and lasts for years out in the weather.

So anybody remember how big that hole is? I know I'm being lazy

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Three holes, one under each battery tray 2"+- round, and the square hole between them in center is 6"x6".

Good luck with the tape. Don't forget, that particular hole is prone to fuel and oil residue so tape on it might be short lived.

I and many others have used pop rivets. A couple of tiny holes beats mouse damage any day.

Last edited:

Bmxenbrett

I used a piece of that aluminum guard with all the holes in it...the one that blocks you from seeing past the coolant bottle. I just RTVed it in place. You can use a floor jack to lift one side.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For an additional 85 cents worth of hardware cloth, you should cover them (but the batteries do block them).

smokem joe

I also use the fan guards to cover the big holes. I use some very short self tapping screws to hold it in place while RTV dries.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That would work too (I hate those **** guards). Anything that doesn't include a permanent mounting solution will eventually fail. Just due to the nature of the exposure. But at least knowing the ingress points makes you ahead of the curve already.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks