• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SEE/FLU419 accessories

Speedwoble

I am in the process of making a few doo-dads for my FLU and thought I would open it up to more people. I already sell the Cab tilt brackets through Expedition imports. Below are three additional ideas I would like to make. Not yet offering for sale, just getting feedback.

A new power port/ Air buzzer bracket to allow mounting a 24V USB charger. Estimated $25 with the bracket and USB charger.
IMG_3542.jpg

New Headlight mounts to allow mounting the LED headlight buckets at the current 5" headlight location. Estimated $200/pair(you provide LED headlights)
Headlight_on.JPGHeadlight.JPG

New Rubber gasket for the hydraulic handles through the back of the cab. 2 options here, either Thermoplastic Elastomer or Polyurethane. I have to complete the CAD model yet. Estimated $40 each.

Telescopic hoist mount on the FOPS to allow lifting the cab, or Retrieving the spare tire if it is mounted on the FOPS. Estimated $300.
Similar to, but more refined than this previous version I made:
WP_20150816_18_08_28_Pro - Copy.jpg

Loader Skid Steer adapter. Estimated $800 before shipping.

Thoughts?

Attachments

Last edited:

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the cab gasket would be quite popular. At least I have yet to get my butt in gear and make something myself.
If it has built in rodent repellent, it'd be better yet.

Pinsandpitons

Agreed on the gasket. I would like to see the quick-attach also depending on the details. There are plenty of adapters out there that could be made to fit the FL-4 but a ready made unit would be worth $800+ to me depending....

peakbagger

I have had some ideas for a retractable lifting hoist that attached to the drivers side ROPS upright for removing the tire and possibly the FOPS. The tire rig is easy but the moment arm for the FOPS means its got to be lot beefier. I expect I will just drive between two trees and rig up a crosspiece to lift the FOPS when I need to and then just leave it hanging it hanging.

alpine44

I have had some ideas for a retractable lifting hoist that attached to the drivers side ROPS upright for removing the tire and possibly the FOPS. The tire rig is easy but the moment arm for the FOPS means its got to be lot beefier. I expect I will just drive between two trees and rig up a crosspiece to lift the FOPS when I need to and then just leave it hanging it hanging.
You can remove the FOPS canopy with the backhoe dipper as shown here.

Toolee

Gosh, yes--the cab gasket would be great!
I have thought it would be nice to have a hoist that could be used to help lift those dang heavy tools from the boxes and then swing them all the way around the rig to the hose reel. That would be useful!

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd love to have the power port/buzzer bracket and cab gasket.

And perhaps the hoist mount.

I love my SEE but man is it proving to be one of my more expensive toys!

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Received, and installed, today. In a word: impressive.

Good build quality, fit and finish. Thank You, Speedwoble.

Looking forward to more cool SEE accessories!

SJ/JD

Speedwoble

Getting a stainless steel hose for the cross-over air line from the regulator to the air tank made using the one from my parts truck as a template. Estimated cost of $150shipped w/in US. Who else would like one? The military has a service bulletin for this line as it rusts and contaminates the system with rust. Military recommends replacing the line with copper or stainless. The difficulty I have found is finding 10mm diameter line, so the local shop is making a custom 3/8" line with the compression fittings on the end.

{price edited 8-8-20}

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks