• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 value question.

cucvrus

DSCF5178 (2).jpgDSCF5180 (1).jpgDSCF5181 (1).jpgDSCF5182 (2).jpgIs this the CUCV M1009 under body **** you are longing to se. Nice smooth and rust free. Been in hiding since 1995. Dusty dry. Coming out of hiding summer 2019.

sandcobra164

It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I have a very nice M1028 that sat in a cave in Norway as part of the Marine's PrePositioning program that currently has 9,000 original miles on it. This truck like yours is quite rare and I've offered it up in exchange for a clean M1009. It's still in my yard and will likely never leave as now it's been with me for about 7 years. A member on here offered this advice and it turned out to be true, "As one low mileage CUCV Owner to another, keep an eye on your injection pump". I had to change mine out recently due to the rubber parts inside coming apart and clogging the fine passages inside the fuel injection system. It's still a great truck to go and get an ice cream cone in!

Attachments

cucvrus

DSCF5170.jpgDSCF5184 (2).jpgI tried to keep mine as original as possible. I did dis-assemble it to get all the dirt , leaves and bee hives out of it so they were not in behind the panels during the storage time. And it also gave me an opportunity to se if it did have any hidden rust concerns. What I found was nothing. A small bit at the bottom of the front kick panels from the rubber mat and jute backing holding moisture. No rust thru. I will probably Line X the complete inside. That seems to be the silver bullet for the floor rust. Never rush a good thing. It will still be there and still as nice 10 years from now if I want. All the times others are getting hacked , lifted and driven thru a calcium chloride bath on a daily basis. Have a Great Day.

tourus

so after all these comments and ideas the big question what are your plans for it.. Try to sell it and make a profit or keep and run ? Or trade it what?? So when you make your mind up let us all know..

Last edited by a moderator:

cucvrus

so after all these comments and ideas the big question what are your plans for it.. Try to sell it and make a profit or keep and run ? Or trade it what?? So when you make your mind up let us all know..
Join Date May 2005 Location Montevideo/Uruguay Posts 5,421 Thanks 1,137 Thanked 2,811 Times in 1,409 Posts Feedback Score 8 (100%)

[h=2]
[/h]
Please remember this is not the place to post any want-to-buy/sell/trade info.​

That is exactly why I did not share my intentions. Come Spring/Summer time I plan on paying the sellers fee and doing some liquidation. Besides it isn't eating anything and never made a mess in my barn like the hogs I used to have. Remain Calm. All is well.

ssdvc

View attachment 755057View attachment 755058I tried to keep mine as original as possible. I did dis-assemble it to get all the dirt , leaves and bee hives out of it so they were not in behind the panels during the storage time. And it also gave me an opportunity to se if it did have any hidden rust concerns. What I found was nothing. A small bit at the bottom of the front kick panels from the rubber mat and jute backing holding moisture. No rust thru. I will probably Line X the complete inside. That seems to be the silver bullet for the floor rust. Never rush a good thing. It will still be there and still as nice 10 years from now if I want. All the times others are getting hacked , lifted and driven thru a calcium chloride bath on a daily basis. Have a Great Day.
Rick, she is still lookin good, real good !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks