• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 A3 parts

REDWOLF

Does anyone have a good source for parts for these trailers in the northeast Maryland area. Looking for brake parts and hitch parts.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CUCVFAN in Jarrettsville, MD has NOS landing legs and repro crank handles. I am unsure if he has anything else.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There have been a few posts before with part numbers. A little searching might net results if nobody answers.

McGuyver

Dexter hydraulic brakes. I got a set of free backing brakes off Ebay for a reasonable price a year or two ago...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Croft trailer can help with all the brake components. Surge unit is also a common civy item made by Toledo/Balcrank/ Hydro act ( changed names several times) . Do search as I have posted a civy diagram and civy part numbers that is also readily available on croft's website.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As mentioned, Dexter/Redline for brake parts
HydroAct for surge assembly factory parts.
Croft Trailer will have everything you need.
Excellent customer service.

The only thing that’s impossible to find for the M101A2/3 trailers are the parking brake handles.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How much market do you think there is for the brake lever assemblies?
Well I want four.
It’s anybody’s guess as to what the demand would actually be.

They made thousands of the M101 series trailers and the brake handles are the only thing that’s nonexistent in the surplus or commercial world.
I even contacted the trailer manufacturer and was told they don’t deal with civilian sales.
Not a friendly conversation. Their end, not mine.

If you look on fleabay, there are/were several sellers that list brake handles for the M101 trailers, but their not the correct ones.
The handles look like they cannot be disassembled without destroying it
I don’t have a spare to find out.

The search continues................

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know of a member close to me that needs at least one. I would also secure a spare or 2 as the handles rust up easily in the tropics here......:)

McGuyver

Saturn Surplus is advertising 4 on Ebay: search
NOS! Military M101 & M149A2 Trailer Emergency Brake Lever NSN 2530-00-330-3262
That's a good price, but they're different from what is on my A1.

How does it compare to the A2 and A3 lever?

Last edited by a moderator:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks