• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GovPlanet Albany GA Pickup Question: Does Anyone have a contact number ?

Geardoc

Anyone have a contact number for GovPlanet Albany ? I'm dealing with a pickup issue. I was told over the phone- the general 800 number- that their policy on pickup is iron clad. I'm trying to get them to give me a date to get a winch, and if neccessary, I may need to bring a tow truck over to load it on my pickup. It's too heavy for 4 men to load, and this has been going on for a ridiculous amount of time.

When GL was around, Albany and Warner Robbins was great.

GovPlanet is making me wish I hadn't bought this winch right now.

Can anyone tell me who to contact and maybe a number for someone on sight ?

I'm also interested in a parts machine there but I can't get any loading info for it.

I imagine I'm going to get hit with late fees on the winch, but my lord a mercy, calling their toll free line is like gambling.

When IronPlanet was just IronPlanet, I bought a huge American Pacemaker- they used two off road forklifts to load it, and this was at Redstone- it was the largest MD American Pacemaker you could order and was NASA property. It took forever for them to give me clearance to get it and then the base people were fantastic.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Monday thru Friday 8 to 4. They can load anything with their forklifts and loading dock

Scott swift 229 869 4114 is the base rep there.

Albany gp is great. There are not any issues at that place at all.

sandcobra164

Geardoc,
Make a trip down and come get your stuff. The local yard manager is easy to work with and will give you a reasonable amount of time to retrieve your items as long as you stay in contact with him. If it's an item you're close to losing, I can go pick it up with my 5 ton. I've got a HMMWV to pick up soon so I can make it a combo trip.

Geardoc

Thanks to the forum, I got someone at Albany- they agreed to let me come get it, because of the issue in question there aren't late fees as far as the site man is concerned and he said come get it.

I'm going to be making two trips most likely. I'm going to try to buy a grove FRS crane from Gov Planet, and I think Albany is the only place to find one.

GovPlanet's corporate- is a little "strange".

Thanks all very much.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks