• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gen 1 & 2 dash lights

Matt5

Banned
It's amazing how pre-teens these days love to throw around that word, "troll", without even knowing what it means. It's kind of a generic insult for them, I guess, so they don't have to actually think about the issue being discussed.
"Correct. It's a really stupid design."
"Worse, making the function of a critical system dependent on that indicator is brain dead."
"Yep. I don't know what craziness drove this nonsense, but I'm sure tight deadlines and low budget played a major role, and possibly some government stupidity, as well."

None of this was... "
controversial comments" ? LOL okay. Talk about not thinking about the issue being discussed...
It is a very SIMPLE design, many more critical systems now are tied into something way worse than a BULB that worked for 20+ years
and yep you don't know, because it is a design on ALL gm stuff of that time... rofl.

But hey, having a computer command the alternator output is alot better right?
Light bulb out replace light bulb
Voltage wrong, check 10 things, maybe replace and reprogram $$$$ computer...

"brain dead" lol.

Try to toss around some more insults, I have 6 of these things sitting outside my house (whole, in the last 5 years maybe another 50-100 cut), some how, I've yet to have a problem with this light bulb stuff... I mean... one has been out... I just replaced it... Oh gosh... what the end of the world that was. I sure wish it was controlled by a computer that would cost a grand to replace... after ordering it... that would be a much better system. Nope the same bulb that is used like 10 times lol... that's the brain dead design... it's something called SIMPLE. Don't get much easier than... light off... check bulb.

Before tossing out stuff you have no clue about (100% proven based off the last quick quote statement) maybe go learn something, it looks bad when a so called pre-teen knows way more don't it?

I mean it seems it was not a troll sadly based off your response here I really thought it was goofing around calling a simple light bulb a brain dead design...

This issue here is the OP made a statement about a light burning out causing the system to stop charging... his first reply was about it being a stupid design (it is not) that links to a poor post (german engineering is why they lost the war rofl those jets they had, great, too bad they didn't have the highly refined fuel... king tiger and tiger awesome tanks... too bad sometimes up to 50% of the loses were due to break downs and them destroying their own tanks, guns very accurate... get some dirt in them they jammed... and I could go on). AND talks incorrectly about the design being "cheap" for these vehicles when this system was in *all* gm stuff...

you also think that like, the bulb is needed for resistance? Ya okay...

I mean it's really easy to call a design that worked for 35 years brain dead stupid... while offering no *better* solution.

It seems like the design is actually so simple, and so easy that... a simple alt mod can remove it? LOL... that is so brain dead right? You want to keep spouting non sense about how the system is so bad... I want to hear your better way to do this...

Oh I been on this site since 13' its '19... that's 5 + years... pre teen = 12 or under... so, how does it feel knowing a 7 year old was smarter than you? Pick your insults better.

****The simple answer to the op is... no, only the alternator whose corresponding bulb burned out will stop charging. (too bad you said correct rofl when it is not, never seen gen 2 burn out and cause gen 1 to stop charging)****

Actually the answer should have been... use the search function this question has been asked already... ROFL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks