• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Turn signals and brake lights quit working today

Merddin

On my way home from work I noticed my turn signals weren't working. I drove the 1008 this morning and they were working.

The headlights work. Hazard flashers work. Horn works.

I get home and checked fuse 6 for stop lights and it was good. Was going to check fuse 14 but my voltmeter battery died.

I also realized once in my garage, that my brake lights would not come on either. I also have no reverse lights. took off one rear light cover and greased the sockets with dielectric grease. All of the bulbs lit up except for reverse light bulb. When I had the hazard lights on both rear bulbs flashed.

I will work on it tomorrow. Any ideas? What would cause no brake light or turn signals? And I thought I was going to be doing just body work on my door friday.

Thanks

Keith_J

Open -34 TM. Appendix E-13. Find fuse box on figure. Upper left hand connections show a diode, possibly Zener on circuit with brown wire #27 (circuit number). My best guess is this component has failed.

Yet another modification for the tactical light system.

Merddin

After some trouble shooting, I got the turn signals and brake light working. No reverse lights yet . The flasher relay and brake light switch were bad. I replaced them and I am back in business. I believe the neutral safety switch could be causing problems with back up lights.

I had multiple lighting issues that I just happened to notice when my turn signals quit. I don't drive the truck at night much, so I never noticed the brake lights not working.

86m998

I am having similar issues. 1986 M998 turn signals just stopped working & brake lights at same time. Confirmed all bulbs are good. Turn signals turn on but don't flash. Hazards switch does nothing; doesn't even turn them on solid. While diagnosing I notice brake lights will come on when pedal is depressed fully with significant pressure. I believe from other posts that the flashing module for turn signals if different than the one for turn signals so I think it's too coincidental that both would fail at same time. Any ideas?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks