• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

806b AC Circuit Interrupt will not Close... Im in Afghanistan, plz help

GooseFly

Gentlemen,

On a camp that relies heavily on generators. I am a wheel mechanic who does not know much about generators. I have a 60kw mep806b that is not putting out juice. This gen is a replacement for one that is on its last leg. I have to to get this up.

Good voltage, good frequency, but when the ac circuit switch is flipped.... nothing. Please, any advice on where to begin. I have verified that the actual switch works, btw. New parts are not a option, I have some generators that can be cannabalized from, however.

Guyfang

Staff member
Ok,

Have you ever seen this thing work right? You say its a replacement, but did it ever work right?

Are you getting any idiot light on the fault indicator?

Pull K22 out and replace with a known good one.

If you flip up the S7 battle short switch, then try and flip up the S5 output load switch, will the K1, AC interrupter close?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks