• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Whoops. Gas in the tank.

KI4FKW

I absent mindedly put some gas in my tank today. The tank was almost completely empty. I put about 2 gallons in when I caught it. Filled completely up to the literal brim with diesel to dilute. Seems ok. Do I need to be concerned?

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen it done with no change! We used to put gas in our trucks in the winter. Never hurt anything. 2gals I'd feel ok about it if it was mine! Maybe as you go done a quarter. Tip off with diesel to delute it even more! Work that for awhile. Just for you piece of mind!

NormB

This is from about two years back when something happened in Oregon where gas jockeys went on strike; Oregon, like New Jersey, forbade adults from pumping their own gas - until the strike. If I Recall Correctly.

How badly would a couple of gallons of ULSD in a tankful of gasoline mess things up?

68CFF467-1839-4213-AFFD-E00F1AC72DA5.png

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Like all have stated, No Problem, toss a couple little bottles of 2 stroke oil in the tank. She'll purr like a kitten. Pay attention next time.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I use gas in the fuel filters mixed with diesel when i fill them up on my 5ton. especially if they are cold. fires and primes up real easy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks