• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Passenger Side Mirror

sagreen83

When I got my 998 the passenger side mirror was adjusted so you couldnt see out of it. I've not figured out exactly how to adjust it so you can see out of it. Seems like you have to look through the windshield to see it, but I cant get it adjusted so I can see. Any tips? Anyone have pictures of this mirror adjusted correctly?

thanks,
Scott...

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
YUP... It's not the best set up. Sets far forward of the windshield. Then you can get a glance thur the windshield to see who's hanging out in your blind spot. Pay CLOSE attention to it blocking your view when making right hand turns or approaching traffic. No blind spot detection on HUMMW's. Have to stretch your neck, working both mirrors to get around in traffic. And THEN there's all the flat glass with reflection like a "house of mirrors"

Not saying the HUMMWV is a traffic stopper, But when you saddle up in one, you got to be on your toes, eye's and ear's.

Head on a swivel, hand on the horn,

CAMO

BLK HMMWV

You sure that's a HMMWV mirror?
Looks different from mine.
You shouldn't have the bar in front of the mirror.
The mirror should be in front of the bar.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
YUP... It's not the best set up. Sets far forward of the windshield. Then you can get a glance thur the windshield to see who's hanging out in your blind spot. Pay CLOSE attention to it blocking your view when making right hand turns or approaching traffic. No blind spot detection on HUMMW's. Have to stretch your neck, working both mirrors to get around in traffic. And THEN there's all the flat glass with reflection like a "house of mirrors"
Not saying the HUMMWV is a traffic stopper, But when you saddle up in one, you got to be on your toes, eye's and ear's.
CAMO

Note: to far back and it gets wacked by the door.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
CAMO
Note: to far back and it gets wacked by the door.

DatGuyC

when you move the mirror bracket towards the front of the truck it should hit a spot where it feel like it gets locked in and harder to move, thats where the bracket is supposed to sit.

warcow105

when you move the mirror bracket towards the front of the truck it should hit a spot where it feel like it gets locked in and harder to move, thats where the bracket is supposed to sit.
Unless it needs adjustment. Move it till it falls into that detent, then you loosen the nut and move it into position. I believe on the passenger side it is 7 inches from the end of the arm to the side of the hood. Then you tighten down the bolt. I would double check that measurement in the manual, but I'm pretty sure that's about right.

Mike

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a wacko set up. I actually thought it was wrong, moved it but then opening the door. It hits. Mine is almost useless with the double sincgars mount in the middle, trying to look through the windshield.

I mounted an mrap wide angle mirror on brush guard. Works great. See my thread for pictures.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a wacko set up. I actually thought it was wrong, moved it but then opening the door. It hits. Mine is almost useless with the double sincgars mount in the middle, trying to look through the windshield.

I mounted an mrap wide angle mirror on brush guard. Works great. See my thread for pictures.
I have to have my seat up to see worth a crap with the AN/VRC-12 I have. Got a link, I'd like to see that setup, I need to do that for the wife and I'd like that as a professional trucker too, she's shorter than more and can't have the seat up, so you can imagine how much she can see. You have so many great threads and ideas Juan.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks