• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Newbie from the North

CADET115

Hello from the northern land of 10,000 lakes. I'm a mere novice the world of military vehicles though I do have a great interest with them. I am currently still in high school, but I joined the Army National Guard as an 88M which is a Motor Transport Operator. I will get to learn how to operate a large variety of military vehicles but only the ones with wheels. My goal is to learn a lot from this forum until I can purchase my own HMMWV.

fasttruck

Success in the military requires: read the reading. The Army has a TM for everything now most likely on a CD. Any piece of equipment you are responsible for should be maintained as if is your own because if it breaks guess who is walking home or whose mission is in the wind. The key to success in military transport ops is to be in the right place with the right stuff at the right time .Your mission is to support somebody else's mission not to screw that mission up. Read the LO for your equipment. Guarantee the hard to reach grease points will have been neglected by the last user. In Vietnam your number one enemy was your buddy, number two was your own equipment furnished by the low bidder and maintained by untrained personnel with unauthorized tools and parts, and finally the Cong were a distant third. More people were killed by motor vehicle accidents without enemy participation than by combat itself. Stay safe.

m715mike

Cadet, welcome to the site. And thank you for volunteering to serve. I’m greatful.

I too got into this hobby while in highschool. The first vehicle I owned was a MV. The trucks are awesome, but the people associated with this hobby are even better.

Enjoy the vehicles. Have fun. And stay safe.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello from South Carolina. This is the best bunch of people I know. Well, it's the only buncha people I know. Well, I don't really know them....

Anyway, welcome aboard!

Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks