• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35a1 Brake Work

Jeeagle

Hope this is right place to ask, have some friends at a museum in Rome with a M35a1 needs some brake work. I would wager all 6 wheel cylinders and possibly master cylinder as some one put DOT3 in it. I also suspect no one has oil the air pack as well. Wondering if anyone around the Rome GA area knows a place or someone able to do the work. I can place them in contact with them.

I live hour half away and do not have the heavy tools ( also never done them before) to complete job so I declined to do it.

Thanks guys!

Crazyguyla

From what I understand, DOT3 was used until the 70-80's. If it was never converted to DOT5, it should be ok. Are the wheel cylinders leaking? I'm doing a similar rebuild on my brakes and replacing all six wheel cylinders. I'd love to help with their issue, but it's a long drive from Florida.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
If they can get it to me, I can manage it. I'm actually friends with the guy on Facebook.

Jeeagle

If they can get it to me, I can manage it. I'm actually friends with the guy on Facebook.
I doubt it they can as most of it is about doing it as cheap as possible. I just can not do the work on location outside with me living in Chattanooga. Regardless, shoot them a message see what they say!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks