• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1031 conversion to M1028

Matt S

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm thinking my rough idle problem and that leaking fuel filter base were connected. I haven't experienced the low idle and stalling on warm starts.

I also think the truck has more power. It shifted up to 3rd on a hill that it didn't used to do.

I have a few more projects to get out of the garage and them I'm thinking about tackling the rust. It will be a learning experience. I'll start with the cab corner and work my way around to the roof/A-pillar.

Matt S

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I'm still at it. I decided to really go after the 'death wobble'. I've narrowed it down to the tires from 2008 that are on the truck. New ones are on order and should ship on Friday.

In the mean time I've been working the door panels - thanks to Rick and his idea. They are getting better and aren't peeling off.

I'm also installing a steering brace. I didn't notice the bumper support had move and ended up stripping the nut. Now I'm soaking the two rusted bumper bolts to get that off and chase the threads. This is day 2 of this project.

I have a couple of options on a roof panel and a few options on a bed. Just need to pick which I want.

Attachments

Matt S

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm also installing a steering brace. I didn't notice the bumper support had move and ended up stripping the nut. Now I'm soaking the two rusted bumper bolts to get that off and chase the threads. This is day 2 of this project.
Today was the final day! After letting everything cool off for the night (mostly me cooling off), I was able to get the rusty bumper bolts loose enough to chase the threads and assemble the parts back together. Off to the next project!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks