• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

armasafe plus battery maintenance

319cssb

Has anyone done any maintenance on their armasafe plus battery? I know they call it a 'sealed' battery. But it seems to be a wet lead acid battery regardless.
so there may be a way to check and level up the battery with distilled water.

dmetalmiki

If it is a sealed battery,(Of any type), Then no, there is no maintenance required.
That is the whole point of the battery being of the low maintenance type.
They are specially vented. (for pressure evaporation).
A good low trickle charge 'intelligent' battery maintainer is is a good idea to leave attached.
They are usually (Should be) Lead acid, Gel, and A.G.M. Suitable.

319cssb

If it is a sealed battery,(Of any type), Then no, there is no maintenance required.
That is the whole point of the battery being of the low maintenance type.
They are specially vented. (for pressure evaporation).
A good low trickle charge 'intelligent' battery maintainer is is a good idea to leave attached.
They are usually (Should be) Lead acid, Gel, and A.G.M. Suitable.
Most sealed batteries are sealed not with the consumer in mind. With time fluid evaporates and the low level is what kills the battery.
The vent holes have plugs that can be removed, I was just wondering if someone has done that and filled back up.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's an AGM absorbed glass mat battery. All they need is an AGM maintainer connected 24-7-365 and they will last 10+ years.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use this charger, Noco G7200, only reason I use the 7amp version is 24v capabilities.... have had this charger bring back 4 hawkers that I thought were goners.

Capture1.JPG

dmetalmiki

I've had gel batteries for 9 years in the 5ton camper, Still going strong,
And kept in condition by two individual 12 Maypole intelligent chargers.
Most all the British military batteries are of a gel type now.
6.T.N.s are still being surplus'sed though.

Guyfang

Staff member
It's an AGM absorbed glass mat battery. All they need is an AGM maintainer connected 24-7-365 and they will last 10+ years.
These are probably the best, most robust battery's I have ever seen or worked with. Properly take care of, they will last at least ten years.

The he amount of "liquid" in the battery, and yes, it's more a gel the liquid, is mesured in tea spoons.

Guyfang

Staff member
Thats something I have never observed. I had a battery charging shop in K-Town, that handled 30-35 batteries at a time, and we ran a 24/7 operation. Never saw a Armasafe leak, that had not been cracked in an accident/wreck.

319cssb

I have heard that they 'could have gotten wet overnight ' I wonder over how many decades of night, he is talking about now.

Guyfang

Staff member
Have you called the Armasafe folks and asked them about this "water" problem? When I was contracting, I several times called to ask questions, and always got a straight answer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks