• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Airlift Bumper Step

Does anyone know how the folding step on the ends of this bumper attach?
s-l1600.jpgs-l1600 (2).jpgs-l1600 (3).jpgs-l1600 (1).jpg
I have seen these mounted with a bracket attached to the outside like this.
bumper step.JPG
The hidden mounts on the tan one looks better and the hooks can be reinstalled without trying to widening the original ones.
Thanks

Chief B

I was just looking at those on Amazon for under $5 each. Will definitely be getting me some. Getting too old to be climbing in and out of the back. Wife wants one under the passenger door so she can get in without help...

papakb

When I wanted to mount antennas onto the truck without drilling any more holes in the body I bought some 1.5 x 2" rectangular steel tubing and welded a plate onto the end of it that would hold the "sugar scoop" to mount the antenna. The whole thing is held into the bumper with an aircraft quick release pin so it can be easily changed or removed. The same idea could be used to mount these steps.

Antenna Bumper insert.JPGIMG_0016.JPG

riderdan

I just mounted mine on the face of the AL bumper, near the outside edge. Even with the tailgate down, it's still clear and easy enough to stand on. Plus, you can get it lower down than you could on the side because of the angle at the bottom of the outside edge. My knees aren't what they used to be, so that helped.

I'll find a pic an post it later this morning.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Share the secret please, where to get the flip down steps! Never mind, found them, but what the heck is an add on, I have to order more stuff to get them.

Last edited:

Chief B

Share the secret please, where to get the flip down steps!
Tried to PM you, but the system will not let me because your message box is full. Not sure I can put the link here as I think it is against the rules. Try searching Amazon for Buyers Products B2797BPC Safety Folding Grab/Step, Black E-Coat Finish

Stan

Chief B

Okay thanks for letting me know! See my post previous.
Sorry about that... yes add on items require you to order 25 worth of items to get that price. I did not even think about that since my wife lives on Amazon. Just searched for Fold Down Utility Bed Body Step and there were some that came up that were not add on items, but they were not black. I wanted a black one as I don't want shiny ones as they would stick out like a sore thumb on the HMMWV.

Stan

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No Problem Stan, I just never encountered that before, guess I always spent more money than the minimum LOL........ Anyway off topic, just got a 4K dvd player to go with a 4K TV I've had for some time. I never noticed that much of a difference between bluray and regular dvd's so I haven't bought many blurays but I sure notice the difference in 4K!!!!!!! Just wow, so I ordered the 5 Jurassic park bundle DVD's with them. Those movies should look fantastic. Robert

Wire Fox

They would make getting in and out of the back easier. I use to use the hitch receiver before i put the spare tire on.
I feel like this was just a challenge issued out to all young GIs... the operator's manual very specifically says to not use the pintle hitch as a step, yet every single 11B/C I've ever met always goes to step on that first to get in. I personally like to actually fold down the tail gate and use the sling guides as a step, but I've been to a few places where I've had a few too many and I just hork myself up over the closed tail gate and collapse into the bed to get to whatever it was I wanted back there.

aua i knew i should of said i have the pintle/2 inch receiver.
s-l1600 (4).jpg
I dont have the pintle on it tho, i still have to get the bracket that goes on the backside.
Your just asking to to get hurt if you use the rotating pintle as a step.
Before i had the airlift bumper i use to use the sling guide also. They work great, but that is a pain with a tire carrier.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks