• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1997 1083 with 3116 cat fuel question

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My question is in the older trucks do i need to put something in my fuel each time i fill the tank since all the current fuels are low sulfer and dont adiquitly lubricate the fuel pump parts like the diesel of the date of mfr. like transmission fluid or what?and how much per tank?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Is it really your personal preference. I do not add anything to my tanks and i get fuel from all over. Usually 1qt of ATF to every 50 gal of diesel is what I know some people use...Or a few oz of 2 stroke oil per fill up.

Here is a chart for lubricity guide member Tinstar posted in the CUCV section.

Attachments

Green Mountain Boys

I use the Opti Lube XPD (#2 in the chart). I have seen no noticeable difference in the Cat 3116 engine with or without added lubricant. I have seen a very big improvement on my New Holland LX885 skid steer. You can easily hear the motor run more smoothly with the lubricant added. My dealer told me the skid steer would require injector repairs if it was not added.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks