• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

finally got one, it is a M939A2 S.W. Louisiana

Finallygotone

finally got on, it is a M939A2 S.W. Louisiana

Hello my name is Joe and when I was discharged from the Army at Fort Bennings, Georgia 1972, seeing jeeps and other items still in the crates always wanted a unit, I looked long and hard at things that were tore up been cut and added to, by chance I see this 5 ton behind a restaurant in a shop had lunch and the owner was there asked him to do a walk around and if I could take some pictures, then asked if it was for sale, he said, my friends want to give me less than I paid, but I will consider selling to you to get them off my back, he said 15,000 and I had looked at some trash they wanted 15,000 told him to hold for two days, sent the pictures to my wife and she called me and said we are getting it, drove back and said we can give a deposit, he said its yours, had to clean some shop space and get some stone poured, he brought it the next week, one or the finest man that I have done business with and he delivered it, I am not going to drive it much until I get an operator's manual somewhere then get a shop manual, my wife loves, just got a little in the steering, Long shot drivers side.jpgLong Shot Passenger Side.jpgunder fender.jpgJudy Tyler Joe Army Truck 2019.JPGIMG_3962.jpgFront shot.jpg

Last edited:

Finallygotone

Thanks fellows, Porkysplace, thanks for the information starting down loading, guess Office Depot going to get a printer melt down on some of this, I did add pictures to the original post, will add some pic's later, now time to start looking at instructions, thanks again for the help, Joe

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Kentucky. Congrats on your new truck. Looks to be well taken care and it has a nice new home.

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice truck, welcome to the site! Try looking on Ebay for the manuals too, that's where I found several for my M35A2 & M923A2 trucks.

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

Welcome to the site, The hobby, Friendships and events to come, Your family will enjoy that beautiful looking truck more than you. The kid WILL (!(Especially)) 'love you teaching him to drive in it". (Orders!)...'More new blood into the hobby'.

Finallygotone

Thanks for the war welcome, you all have nice looking units, I went for a short drive today, overcast and saw some rain clouds coming my way behind the strong wind, U turn and back in the shop, not a drop on it, that is sick, Sergeant I work in the Oil Field and go down there when rigs are there, three working below Thibodaux, I live North of Lake Charles, that is quite a ride, won't not want to try that in my 5 ton.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks