• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fiberglass Troop seat boards

DREDnot

Has anybody seen a source for the fiberglass replacements? I want to replace my wood ones with the later fiberglass style.
Ive searched the three NSN from the parts catalog with no luck.
I see them offered with the whole frames, and kits, but there are none locally.

They seem to be specific to the HMMWV and the trailers with the single center channel.

DSCN5935.jpgDSCN5936.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anybody seen a source for the fiberglass replacements? I want to replace my wood ones with the later fiberglass style.
Ive searched the three NSN from the parts catalog with no luck.
I see them offered with the whole frames, and kits, but there are none locally.

They seem to be specific to the HMMWV and the trailers with the single center channel.

View attachment 755423View attachment 755424

Just buy a complete new set of troop seats with the fiberglass, many for sale out there as most folks go
4 man. I have several sets here at the shop...

DREDnot

Just buy a complete new set of troop seats with the fiberglass, many for sale out there as most folks go
4 man. I have several sets here at the shop...
I figured it would be just that easy...but oddly There are none locally...all wood. The cost of shipping troop seat assemblies is the deal breaker.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you're not concerned with being OEM, why not use plastic type outdoor deck material from Home Despot of sLowe's?

DREDnot

The actual project is a set of cut down seats four man style. I already got the frames cut and welded up. Just need the fiberglass slats. I can make it out of 6 long ones(85"bottoms) and 6 short ones(27" sides)

DSCN7757.jpg

I considered restoring the wood, and the faux wood fencing, but I am really after the look of the fiberglass style with that single center channel business...

DSCN5941.jpg

It always seemed more appropriate to the HMMWV...more than the WW2 looking wood.

Terra1936

Is Stephan Wood Products Out Of Business? I have left several messages and sent my info through their website? Doe anyone else carry the plastic lumber?
Thanks!

DREDnot

Is Stephan Wood Products Out Of Business? I have left several messages and sent my info through their website? Doe anyone else carry the plastic lumber?

When I contacted them back in February, this was their response.

"Good Morning Mark,
Yes, we do sell the slats for the Humvee. The price is as follows:

81 13/16” seat boards are $29.56 each
27 3/16” back boards are $14.78 each

These would be cut to length, drilled and painted either Tan or Green. So, one set of slats would be $354.72 plus shipping to your zip code. A complete new set including all steel and hardware would be $785.00 each plus shipping.
Hope this helps you! Thank you for the inquiry.

Joseph G. Tenbusch
Cell: 231-342-4403
Quality Manager"

Last edited:

Day Tripper

Thanks!
They are a little slow in responding. Given this is a holiday week, so response will be slower yet. Give them a week to 10 days. Just when you think they blew you off, you'll get a reply.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks