Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: m1008 no power to horn fuse

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by porkysplace View Post
    Did you bump the blackout light switch ?
    if you mean the wiring connector, it is very possible. ill make sure it is secure later. but the switch itself is on the service light setting, i was driving around with my headlights on, signals etc, worked.

Thanks

And that was exactly what it was. black out switch being finicky. getting closer now.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,432 Times in 2,923 Posts

Now wait a minute here. The relay would not be clicking if the black out switch was the issue. With the switch in B/O the relay gets no signal. I am not an electrical genius but I do know the signal goes from the clicking relay to the horn. Not back thru the B/O switch. Come on you have other issues. obi wan Kenobi where are you?
    To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine: Founding Father Quote.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cucvrus View Post
    Now wait a minute here. The relay would not be clicking if the black out switch was the issue. With the switch in B/O the relay gets no signal. I am not an electrical genius but I do know the signal goes from the clicking relay to the horn. Not back thru the B/O switch. Come on you have other issues. obi wan Kenobi where are you?
    You may have misunderstood. These were 2 different things. Horn is fixed now. The black switch was causing issues with the brake lights.

Still have some thing s to deal with but the truck was inspected yesterday and passed. It is now registered, insured, and on the road. 😁

Thanks
    Thanked 5,432 Times in 2,923 Posts

The brake lights are the other fuse that is on the 30 amp fuse that runs the lights. If you have a hot 30 amp fuse midway up in the fuse box the only other fuse on that leg of the fuse box is the brake lights. Without being there I am guessing but I had that issue in the past. I was at the inspection station feeling all happy and they came out and said no brake lamps. I was pulled from the list and my vehicle was set aside. I quick went out and messed with a few wires and jacked 12 volt into the fuse blade and called the mechanic back outside. I showed him it had brake lights. He applied a sticker and I drove home removed the fuse box and tapped an in line fuse into the fuse box. My 30 amp leg was just crumbling slag from being overheated may times and I was pushing barbed spade connector in both sides of the outside fuse leg. Made heat more and more over time. I was so good at knowing when the fuse blew I could put my foot up there and just push around on the right side of the fuse box top correct the lighting issue. Worked for a long time then one day. No good. Good luck. I like to share and brain storm issues. It helps. Anything is possible given the right conditions.
    To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine: Founding Father Quote.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2