• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PCS move from Ft Hood, TX to Ft Stewart, GA. May-June 2019

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well PCS season is coming fast, this spring I am PCSing to Ft Stewart GA and I'm driving the M35A2 the whole way! This is more of a need then a want, I can't afford to ship her and might as well use her to move my stuff. As I get closer I'll post the route and the timeline, just figured I'd come up on the net sooner we than later to see who's on the way.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I know the feeling.

I drove mine towing a M1061 trailer from GA to Bliss then flew back hopped in a M1009 with trailer and drove it back THEN flew back and hopped in another M1009 with trailer and drove it back. Following spring drove the deuce from Bliss to Aberdeen flew back from there had a member drive it to GA where several months later I flew in and drove it from GA to Bliss again.

It will be a trip you will always remember....as so will your a@@.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Roll up the windows, close the vents, and open the passenger windshield about 6 inches. You'll be fine it pushes the heat out of the cab and keeps your trip bearable.

FloridaAKM

Start a couple of hours before sunset & drive thru the night. I did that on my first recovery in May from Blue Ridge, Georgia to Gainesville, Florida & it wasn't so bad, unless you have night blindness & hate the headlights of oncoming traffic. That was a 430 mile trip on a truck right out of Robbins AFB.

m715mike

Roll up the windows, close the vents, and open the passenger windshield about 6 inches. You'll be fine it pushes the heat out of the cab and keeps your trip bearable.
Barrman can tell you a good story about this. Ask him at the rally.

Alright, I’m subscribed for stories and pictures from your trip. It will be an adventure!

Assuming I’m around, I’m happy to provide support between Killeen and the Louisiana state line.... even if that means distracting Murphy for you.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Barrman can tell you a good story about this. Ask him at the rally.

Alright, I’m subscribed for stories and pictures from your trip. It will be an adventure!

Assuming I’m around, I’m happy to provide support between Killeen and the Louisiana state line.... even if that means distracting Murphy for you.

That would be great.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks