• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Amazing Machines

CapePrep

Yes, it is February, cold and I am bored! But, decided to exercise the 803 today. It was 28 degrees, haven't run it for over a month or so. Hit the glow plugs for 30 seconds or so, and bang it fired right up! No sputtering, a little smoke but cleared quickly. Hooked my space heaters up, got it to 75% load and I let it chug for 2 hours with absolutely no issues. Love that thing and a great relief that I know at anytime, the SCHTF and I am good to go! Just extolling the virtues of a lowly 803 with 4500 hours on it.....

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, it is February, cold and I am bored! But, decided to exercise the 803 today. It was 28 degrees, haven't run it for over a month or so. Hit the glow plugs for 30 seconds or so, and bang it fired right up! No sputtering, a little smoke but cleared quickly. Hooked my space heaters up, got it to 75% load and I let it chug for 2 hours with absolutely no issues. Love that thing and a great relief that I know at anytime, the SCHTF and I am good to go! Just extolling the virtues of a lowly 803 with 4500 hours on it.....
Gotta love them!

I started mine in the cold a couple of weeks ago, same results, it fired right up no issues.had my welder plugged in and it didn't even phase it.

cant wait for the weather to warm a bit so I can tackle the stator job on my other set.

M37keppy

Just putting my mep003a away. Had an ice storm and high winds throughout this area. The genset ran 24hours non stop and powered the house and shop. We carried on without a problem while everyone else was scrambling.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks