• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FDC bypass with non turbo

Dead pilot

I've seen a lot of info on everyone with the FDC bypass with turbos but havent been able to find anything on the non turbo bypass. I know nothing changes on what it done for the bypass. But since I dont have a turbo I shouldn't have to worry about exhaust temps right?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sgt C

I also have a non turbo and just bypassed the fdc. Everything I've read on this site suggests that engine damage is still possible whether turbo or non. I installed a pyro. I look at it as cheap insurance and gives me a reference point if and when I make adjustments to the fuel delivery.

Katahdin

I bypassed the FDC on a non-turbo M275A2, with muffler and rear exhaust, and had to decrease the fuel rate. EGTs reached 1200+ degrees much too easily while unloaded on slight hills. Maybe the muffler made a difference, but I recommend installing a pyro.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks