• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hi

grunty

Hi All
new here and no vehicle but am looking at a Reo 6x6 which I believe you call a deuce and a half.
It is a 1962 wrecker with 10 ton winch and a jib. Not in military colours.
Dont know much about it yet.
Alan

grunty

thank you,
If i dont get this one I think i will be looking for another :)
They look so good going by what research I have done so far. I think the wrecker would be good as it gives the oppertunity to earn a few quid to help pay for itself.

Any other owners over here?
Al

grunty

I keep asking for more pics but he is busy and its a bit far to go just to look.
Price is unknown as its auction but starts at 600gbp approx £1200at the mo.

This is the first time I have got reallly interrested so I dont know whats here, plenty of nice ones at shows and stuff but never seen one for sale hence i need to find some local guys.

cheers all

not many of us on the map over here :(

alphadeltaromeo

Welcome abroad...or is that aboard... :driver:

Best of luck finding yourself an MV toy. They are all sorts of fun! My relatives are all over the UK...but my closest cousins are in Woking. Do let us know when you make the plunge and purchase a new toy...and pics...gotta have 'em!

Andy

DanMartin

There's a few over there that aren't on the map...I know that much. One near Milton Keynes that I know of for sure (we've chatted before). Where abouts in Gloucestershire are you located?

With fuel prices being what they are today, I would take that into consideration when making the purchase....it looks like a gasser, so expect something in the 4-to-5 miles/gallon range (assuming it's running properly, and driven gingerly). A full tank on an M35 (50 U.S. Gallons) would be about 190 liters, and at 104.5p/liter (current average petrol price0 that comes out to about £198 (or $387USD, about 2.25x the price here for a full tank). Let's just say my advise is to savor each and every mile driven at those prices! Forgive me for pointing out the obvious....I'd hate to see you get in to one of these and wind up in a bad spot. :)

On the bright side, parts are relatively cheap, and pretty easy to come by (same basic truck was made for 38 years or so). They are simple to work on (albeit large), and very well documented and understood by the MV community. If you ever need to know anything about these trucks, this is the place...bar none.

Anyways, it's great to have another Brit on the site. Cheers, and good luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks