• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bobbed,Crew Cabbed,Brownie Box project

shannondeese

I am about to start a new project. I’ve just finished an A3 restoration and sold it. Leaving me with a mostly complete A3 carcass. So here’s the build plan. Move the T-case rearward. Add my spare spicer 7041 four speed auxiliary transmission between the T-case and the Transmission. Giving me 2.31 / 1.21 / 1-1 / .83 OD. Added to the stock transmission and T-case gearing. Toss the stock bed. Add my spare cab to make a crew cab. Remove the tandems and make it a single rear axle. Add a 109 bed. Then 395s. It should take me about 12 months to do this. Heck it took 5 months to restore the last deuce. I’ll take pictures along the way. Wish me luck.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Subscribed. Keeping the Allison AT545? I do not think I have ever seen an auto with a brownie box. Looking forward to it

shannondeese

Yes I’m keeping the auto. I’ve got a similar set up in my Ford Cabover truck. It’s got a 3208, Allison MT653, spicer 7041 brownie box. It works pretty well.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How can you shift the auxiliary transmission without disengaging the driveline, normally via a clutch pedal?

shannondeese

Drop the transmission into neutral and shift the rears from either high to low, or shift them from low to high. It seems to work pretty well like that. I’ll use the T case as my gear splitter. Although the only time the spicer will be in anything other than OD or 1-1 will be off road going slow.

shannondeese

Unfortunately this project has been put on the back burner for a little while. I’ve had a couple things come up that need to be taken care of first. I’ll post when I start it up again.

rustystud

Unfortunately this project has been put on the back burner for a little while. I’ve had a couple things come up that need to be taken care of first. I’ll post when I start it up again.
I know how that feels ! I still need to get to my brakes ! No time or the weather is crap ! I really need that shop built ! Man I really hate the government bureaucracy around here !!!! Still have no permits yet !!!!!!!!@!!!!@@@@!!!@@!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks